www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: css and multiple divs

css and multiple divs

Hi. Here's my question. I want to place several divs inside of a cell and I will use javascript to set which div is visible. Without specifying an absolute pixel position, how do I get all the divs to appear at the top of the cell. When I have tried this in the past, if I didn't set a top pixel position, the divs appeared one underneath the other down the page, not all aligned at the top of the cell.
    Thanks for the help!

GMan

You have to absolutely position them on top of each other. The container should have position:relative then you can position the divs all at 0,0.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

well...

Forgive me for not quite following. Here's a quick test I put together, which doesn't do what I want. How do I need to modify it to make it work?
    Thanks again!
    <td>
    <div style="position:relative; top:0px; left:0px;">
    <b><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><font color="#FF0000"><font size=+2>Div
    1 test</font></font></font></b>
    </div>
    <b><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><font size=+2><font color="#FF0000">&nbsp;</font><font color="#3333FF">Div
    2 test</font></font></font></b>
    </div>
    <b><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><font size=+2><font color="#3333FF">&nbsp;
    </font><font color="#00CC00">Div 3 test</font></font></font></b>
    </div>
    </td>

HTML Code:
    <div style="position:relative;width:100px;height:100px">
    <div style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100px;height:100px;background:red"></div>
    <div style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100px;height:100px;background:green"></div>
    <div style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100px;height:100px;background:blue"></div>
    </div>
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Done

Case closed! Thank you sir!

GMan

Thread Information