www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how to search an Access database tutorial available?

how to search an Access database tutorial available?

Hi, I'm fairly new to .NET web development and was wondering if there is a full tutorial available out there in regards to searching an Access database.

I am currently using VWD 2008 and have created several tables within an Access database; however I would like to create a search application (C# or Asp.net) that will enable users to input a string and then be returned results. If anyone has any site suggestions/tutorials, please let me know

Thanks in advance

Hey, My first question to you is why are you using access? Have you considered MS SQL or VistaDB?

Hey technifox,
    Actually I was considering using SQL; however since I'm fairly new to .NET development and a little more familiar with Access, I decided to created the db in Access...
    Plus, I'm using VWD 08 Express and my web server (discountasp.net) doesn't support SQL Express.

Any suggestions? Thanks

SQL Express can be used to develop the database (By the sounds it's not a complex database) and then when you are ready you can use discount asp's addon service to add a ms sql database for an extra $10 a month.

There aren't a lot of differences between express and the standard editions (nothing that will affect you).

SQL is a much better skill to learn anyway but if you are really set on access try this tutorial.

Thanks, I will definitley consider SQL in the very near future.
    Also, the link you provided me in your previous post, redirects me to this same thread...can you provide me with the correct link at your earliest convenience?

Thanks again

I do appologise i must have copied the wrong link. Tutorial

Thread Information