www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to position a footer at bottom of screen

Question How to position a footer at bottom of screen

I'm trying to position a footer (copyright, privacy, contact, etc.) at the bottom of the browser window of every dynanically generated page (asp) in a site and haven't been able to figure out how to do it.
    The difficult part is that I would like the footer to apper at the bottom of the browser window, regardless of the resolution and window size, even when the page contains less than a full window of information (1 or 2 lines of text) yet at the very bottom of the page/window when the window is full.

The pages do not look good when the generated page contains only a few lines of information because the footer is too far from the bottom, the footer is generated/included at the end of all other html.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this using anything, javascript, css, asp, etc...

<div style="position:fixed; bottom:0; background:white;">
    This will be at the bottom of the browser window in Opera 7 and Gecko browsers. However all versions of IE/Win is buggy with position:fixed making it not work. There are however many Javascripts availale that are able to mimick this function you could provide for IE/Win (and possibly also older browsers).
    </div>
    // Stefan Huszics

Thanks Stefan,
    Do you know where I may get such a JS script or what to search for. I have tried several sites with no luck.

Thanks again.

Thread Information