www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: what is the best low or no cost MESSAGE BOARD software?

what is the best low or no cost MESSAGE BOARD software?

Hello,

Does anyone have experience and an opinion about which message board software is best? I'd like to add a feature to my website. I prefer something clean, classy, and organized looking....very user friendly. I do not want it to link to someone else's server and I prefer to not have someone else's logo on my site.

What is the best low cost or open source software for this?

thanks for your help.

Which CMS system is best -low or no cost?

Hello,

Does anyone have experience and an opinion about which CMS software is best? I have a client who is 79 years old and I need the most basic easy user interface possible for changing text, paragraph titles, SEO elements like title bar/h tags/meta tags/bold/italics, etc., video files, and images. Is there an easy and intuitive user interface or should I have one custom built?

What is the best low cost or open source software for this?

thanks for your help.

If you want something robust, I'd suggest phpBB. It's free, open source, and has tons of plugins/themes/etc. It's used by many many people.

If you're looking for something simpler and cleaner I'd suggest punBB or bbPress.

Those are all coded in PHP. I don't really have any good suggestions for forums in other coding languages because I'm a PHP guy.

Hope that helps.

Thread Information