dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash and WMP on the same page

Question Flash and WMP on the same page

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to stop the audio in a Flash swf as soon as the user hits play on an embedded WMP further down the page. Is there a way to do this?

The site in question is: http://4502nmackenzieln.com/ - the client prefers the WMV format, but if I played the bottom video using flash, would it be possible to send a command that stops the above one since they are 2 separate movies?

I'm not sure if it matters or not, but the panorama uses AS2 to work.

Is there a way to stop the Flash?.. well.. put the two versions on separate pages. I thinks it’s confusing and a little counter productive to be displaying the same thing (is it the same home?) in two different player on the same page. Especially since one is “below the fold” so to speak. Display a primary video, then offer the option to view it in a Windows format, if you like. Of course, after the 95% of viewers with Flash players watch it, why would they want to switch to the Windows version? If you did choose to present two Flash players on the same page, it would be much easier to have the two of them talk to each other, than having a WMP and a Flash player share controls.
    I think the video used in the WMP is a better intro than the Flash Panorama. Convert the .wmv to a .flv and play it as the first video. Then allow users to click to the Panorama view. Not being much of a “back-button person myself, I would have the images open in a pop-up or something (target="_blank") instead.

Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Thread Information