www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: math calculator help

math calculator help

I am hoping someone can help me. I need to put an area calculator in my website that would calculate the square inches of a product then multiply that by the cost per sq. inch for a particular material thickness. I have four different materials available. then i need that to put into the shopping cart where the quantity would also be calculated. Heres the problem, I know absolutely NOTHING about code. I can copy and paste thats about it. I was told it the best way to do this would be in JavaScript. My site is a "static" site.

Are you looking to learn javascript and build your own calculator(recommended), or just copy/paste some code and modify it to your needs?

Using a form with formulas via many languages can achieve these results. My concern is with the mention of a shopping cart. Assuming your lack of knowledge of code I would recommend just creating options or attributes for the product to be added to the cart and set the prices accordingly. Especially since you only have four materials. I would highly doubt that you will find premade code for such a request that you could merely copy and paste.

calculator help

It's not looking good for finding a premade script that I could just insert into my site. I see you have listed a few books to read, thank you. I will take a look and see if it is something I could try. I thought I might be able to find a program that maybe a company like a rug distributor might use, but no luck.
    Thanks for your help.

Thread Information