www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Concatenating two variables

Concatenating two variables

Hi all as you can probably see im having a nightmare at the moment with a particular project.

On a form i have a number of radio buttons named question1, question2, question3 ........ question n.

Now what Im trying to do is request the values stored in each of these variables. What Im tring to do is the following:

PHP Code:
    $question=$_REQUEST['question']; /This is how many questions are in the form

for ($i=1;$i<=$questions;$i++) {
    $t $_REQUEST['question$i'];

What Im basically tring to do is request the values from the number of variables that are existing. However, the above doesnt seem to work and I have tried all different ways of coding it. Has anyone got any ideas?

Inside your for loop I think your variable that's set from the $_REQUEST is wrong, it should be question, not questions. I don't think you need to reference the counter inside the $_REQUEST either. These are merely suggestions as to what I saw wrong.

I think I may have explained that wrong. Inside the counter I am trying to extract the values stored in the variable question1, question2, question3, question ..... upto the total number of questions. I need a way so that in the for loop the value $t requests the question the $i corresponds to. Hope this explains a little better.

Thanks anyway

PHP Code:
    for ($i=1;$i<=$questions;$i++) {
    $t $_REQUEST['question'.$i];

maybe? i havent checked.

actually after looking at your code, i can see that $t is never going to hold more than 1 value unless you make it an array.

on another note, why aren't you just using an array of radio buttons instead of just naming them 1,2,3,4,5....n

because each array (i.e. question number) would have four answers and Im not entirely sure how I would do this.

I see a couple of issues with your original code.

PHP Code:
    <?php 

$t 
    "Questions: ";
    $question $_REQUEST['question']; //This is how many questions are in the form 

for($i=1;$i<=$question;$i++){ // your '$questions' has an S which did not match your veriable you set.

$t .= $_REQUEST['question{$i}']; // To concatinate the $t vaiable,  and the . befoier the =.

if($i == $question){

$t .= ".";
        }else{

$t .= ", "
        }
    }

echo(
    $t);
    // "Questions: Question one, Question Two, Question Three."

?>

Thread Information