www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Movie/Video/Film editing software for 12yr old?

Movie/Video/Film editing software for 12yr old?

Dear Forum Chums

My 12 year old nephew is keen on making a film for a school project, after he procures a digital camera he will need some film editing software that is fairly straight forward. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Cheap or free software particularly appealling.

Best regards

Catherine

Well if he has an interest beyond just a one time project, I suggest a version of Adobe Premiere Elements. It’s about $100 or so but will give a taste of what a real video editing program will do. The newer versions do require a newer computer to run, so be sure to check the “system requirements” before purchasing. Pinnacle also has a starter versions but I have had problems with those in the past.
    For free, Windows comes with Movie Maker or download from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx
    This will serve as a starting point but will not match up with the beginner Adobe products.

Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

[QUOTE=Eye for Video]Well if he has an interest beyond just a one time project, I suggest a version of Adobe Premiere Elements. It’s about $100 or so but will give a taste of what a real video editing program will do. The newer versions do require a newer computer to run, so be sure to check the “system requirements” before purchasing. Pinnacle also has a starter versions but I have had problems with those in the past.
    For free, Windows comes with Movie Maker or download from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx
    This will serve as a starting point but will not match up with the beginner Adobe products.
    Thank you very much Eye for Video, I will pass this on to my sister-in-law.
    Catherine

Thread Information