www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Upload to E-Mail

Upload to E-Mail

I want to allow visitors to my web site to upload photos from their computer, but I do not want to change hosting providers and they don't currently allow visitors to upload to their server.

Does anyone know of a script that allows a visitor to upload an image or a file and have it sent to me via e-mail? What I want is to appear to the visitor as if the file is being uploaded rather than have them insert it into an e-mail. Is there any other way to achieve this without having to upload to the host server? I reiterate... I don't want the visitor to know that the file is actually being sent via e-mail.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Tricia Taylor

No. Since you can't get the files to the server that means all the processes must take place on the client machine. This also means they will be aware of it and they must have an e-mail client. They may also have file size restrictions for what they can send through e-mail.

Your best solution is, in fact, to find a different host.

I was afraid of that. I knew it was a total shot in the dark, but with all the new enhancements to web design today, you'd think someone would find a way around that. If I were any more of a programmer, I would try. But, at this point, it's not that big of a deal.

I certainly appreciate your help, Jeff.
    Thanks!
    Tricia Taylor

Thread Information