dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Create username and password

Create username and password

I would like to know If anyone here could tell me how to of simply point me in the right direction as to which languages to learn.

I would like to allow people to visit my website, register a user like I just registered for this forum, set some settings, and have it all stored I would like other people to be able to type in the username and look at that persons profile.

I know this is a lot of stuff I am asking for but If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate it very much.

I have been thinking about trying to do something with databases but I cannot seem to grasp them.

My apologies if this is in the wrong topic, I didn't know where to post it.

Thanks in advance.

Almost like a Facebook type of thing?

You would need to be very familiar with a language like PHP/MySQL, ASP, Cold Fusion, etc.

It's not a simple, "here's the code...". You need to know any of these languages pretty well.

Well, I would suggest that you learn to grasp them (databases that is). MySQL/PHP is an extremely powerful combination when you learn how to use them together. Start looking for tutorials on the basics.....there's tons of them out there.

aj_nsc is right - PHP/MySQL is probably the way to go.

start reading and learning - or hire someone that knows it.

Thread Information