www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Recommend a good book to learn from

Recommend a good book to learn from

What is a good MySQL book i can get, that is easy to understand, but will give me thorough knowledge of it? If there is a website that does this, tell me too.
    Thanks for the help.

So does anyone know a great mysql 5 book???

Nope. I just use the on-line reference manual, and when I can't understand it or find what I need, I start Googling.

I'm sure www.oreilly.com has a number of MySQL-related books, at least one of which should be at the level you're looking for, but I don't have any specific recommendations. (I learned most of the introductory DB stuff while working with Oracle and Informix, and so never really had a reason to look for any introductory MySQL books.)

I might recommend the two general database tutorials at http://www.geekgirls.com/menu_databases.htm to get a good grounding in basic and intermediate concepts, at which point the on-line manual should be less daunting.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I remember that website. I didn't like it too much at the time because i wasn't able to understand it. But now that i know some things, and have a server to practice with, i think i will give it another shot. Thank you.

"Head First SQL" is quite good if you haven't done anything with databases before and want to learn the basics first.
    Stephen

Thread Information