www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Dailymotion + Youtube embedded videos into one playlist

Question Dailymotion + Youtube embedded videos into one playlist

Hello…

I’m voluntarily developing a video feature for a yachting forum (Plexifix.dk) in Denmark where I want to use embedded videos.

I have been trying to figure out how to put separate embedded video codes into one playlist. To be more specific, I want to put separate embedded videos from YouTube and DailyMotion on one playlist. So that when the embedded video from YouTube finishes the embedded video from DailyMotion automatically begins.

In my search for someone whom knows how to do so, I got a tip about www.jukebo.com who has a playlist feature that combines Dailymotion and Youtube embedded videos.

Does anyone here know where I can find information on how to do this?

Kind regards,
    Anders Knudsen

Well… since your post has been up for awhile now and no one has replied, here’s my suggestion:
    Create a custom Flash video player or use a Flash .flv video player from a download (both YouTube and DailyMotion use .flv files). Then use an xml file to create a playlist which calls in the video you want. Those video urls would be attributes of the video if you used something like this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <videos>
    	<video caption="Sequim Mayor Laura Dubois greets Mitsunori Namba, Consul General of Japan." title="  M Namba and L Dubois." url="videos/mayor.flv" />
    	<video caption="Interviews with Sequim students prior to the Irrigation Festival Parade. They will be traveling to Japan this fall." title="  Sequim Students" url="videos/students.flv" />
    </videos>
    The url=”whatever” can be relative or absolute. Just paste in the url for the YouTube and DailyMotion videos.
    The play next selection would have to be set in the ActionScript for the video player as would the size of the video. And as an aside for quality… YouTube takes 320 X 240 video and spreads it out over 413 or so pixels, resulting in video degradation (but often acceptable).
    The xml example above also includes a short caption to describe the video.. you may or may not want to use that.
    Here it is live:
    http://www.cidigitalmedia.com/video.html

Tuts:
    www.gotoandlearn.com
    and
    www.learnflash.com

Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

The best solution

Check out http://Embedr.com

Not only can you build a playlist from Dailymotion and YouTube, but from MySpace, Vimeo, Blip and more.

It's really easy to use, it's totally customizable, and you can embed the playlist anywhere you want.

Thread Information