www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I was looking at ModelMayhem.com...

I was looking at ModelMayhem.com...

And i liked the way you could post announcements on the front of the page of ModelMayhem.com. Basically, I would like to have the modelmayhem layout WITHIN my actual site....I would like the front of my site to have the announcements on the side, and also,like modelmayhem, have profile pages for each member. I know the clarity of what im looking for may be a little fuzzy, but hopefully you get the gist of what im saying.

any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

... Basically, I would like to have the modelmayhem layout WITHIN my actual site....I would like the front of my site to have the announcements on the side, and also,like modelmayhem, have profile pages for each member. ...
    Several ways to do this, but unless that site is YOURS and if I understand your slightly nebulous request, what you are asking to do is hijack their bandwidth, their property, to be displayed as a 'window' in YOUR site. It's the same as 'hotlinking' another's image or content, used in your own site. And if they are using a sever-side aid, they can detect your presence and bandwidth draw. Theirs is a site, not an RSS-feed and unless you have permission to do this, you are probably going to upset someone...

You might want to reconsider doing this thing, if I understand what you're asking for... Or, explain a bit better what your intent is here.
    Last edited by WebJoel; 05-28-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

i just wanted to have the same announcement listing on my site, the same way modelmayhem has it.

thats all

Assuming that you aren't familiar with includes, use "<object>" like this:
    <object type="text/html" data="http://msn.com/" style="width:840px; height:475px;"></object>
    Here, the data="" puts msn.com in the 'window' that is 840px wide, and 475px tall.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Thread Information