www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need some help

Lightbulb Need some help

First, i've gone through the different sections on the other site.

Now here's the problem and it may have a simple solution.

I need a branding script that will keep a pic in the top right-hand corner. none of the the scripts that i've found will work withe frames. that's the problem. i've put the scripts in the frames loading page (in my case its index.html). i"ve also tried putting it one of the pages that gets loaded but i just a missing image (a place holder with a red x in it).

If i can get one, it will solve one of my other problems. the other is simple enough to fix.

thanks in advance

Richei

i suspect the problem when looking at the picture in the frame (where you get the red x) is they way you are loading the image (or the location of the image), let's solve that problem before you assume that a script works in one page but not in a frame. let's see what you are using and tell us where the image is. you generally get the rd x when you are telling it to load an image that it cannot find (wrong name or folder).

ok, the site is http://www.stopandpop.com

the pics are in a folder called graphics. then there are subfolders for the others. the pic i'm trying to load is called logoex1.jpg. I haven't uploaded the page with the problems though. I can if needed though. This is the code that i was trying to use: http://javascript.internet.com/page-...-branding.html
    Last edited by Richei; 11-24-2002 at 10:31 PM.

so then your image source should be

src="graphics/logoex1.jpg"

the reason i was asking to see what you have to to understand why you are not getting the image on the page and instead getting the symbol for unable to load it (red x).

there is no reason that script should not work in a frame if ti works on a regular page.

can you get the image on the page without the script?

That's what i put. I get picture in dreamweaver but when i do a preview, all i get is the red x. and its even in the corner.

I typed it manually and also tried using the src selection tool to make sure the path was corrent.

i'll post the errorenous site so you can see whats happening.

Thread Information