dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to Scroll An Image Through/Under Image

Question How to Scroll An Image Through/Under Image

Hi folks,

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.

I saw many years ago a blog with a scroll box that in the top left corner had an over-hanging image (I'm assuming it was a gif w/transparencies) that the text in the scroll box would scroll under, and you could see the letters through the image. Not as in the image was less opaque; if the image was a spider web, you could see the words where there was no web, but the lines of the web itself would block out the text.

I would love to be able to re-create this effect but have no idea how to accomplish it - I understand working with CSS for opacity and such, but how to have a static image encroaching on a scroll box as the foremost layer is still throwing me for a loop.

So what scripting language would you folks suggest I investigate to pull something like that off? Is it even possible, or was it just something that IE "invented" all on its own when faced with coding it didn't understand? I'd imagine I can do this with flash, but I'd like to try and keep this non-flash if possible.

Thanks so much for any/all suggestions.

Kalem

It sounds like a transparent gif absolutely positioned over another div containing the text set with a width/height and an overflow property of scroll.

Oh sure, make it seem simple why don't you? lol...

Thank you. I'll start playing around with that and see what kinds of cool stuff I can come up with.

Thread Information