www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Website Loading Fast in Firefox, slow in IE

Exclamation Website Loading Fast in Firefox, slow in IE

This is my first post! I'm looking for help on how to speed up the loading time on my website. One thing I noticed is that my site loads alot faster in Firefox than it does in IE. I also just switched hosting companies to hostmoster.com in hopes of helping speed things up, but noticed little difference... Any ideas or tips with speeding up the performance on my site would be a great help! (I do save all of my images for the web in Photoshop) Thanks in advance!

At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

Thanks! Looks like I have alot of work to do... I think alot of the problem is the flash on the site. Any further tips are welcomed. Thanks!

At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

With out seeing all the files in the the fla...

You can speed up the flash loading my making your .swf smaller.

If you are running alot of frames.. reduce the size of each pic.. optimized it for the web. strip out anti aliasing and non web colors and reduce the them to about 72 dpi. This will work most of the time with no noticeable loss of quality. You may need to play with it to see how it plays out.

It doesnt seem that you have alot of heavy animation in your flash. So trying reducing your fps if its running at 30 fps. It should run fine at 15-20 fps. This can allow you to reduce the number of total frames making the swf smaller.. which means faster load times.

LL

Thread Information