www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: one click download

one click download

I want to have a link on my website when clicked automatically downloads the specified mov or other zipped files.
    Is there a tutorial anywhere or any advise about this?
    Thanks,

Gab

You can create one-click links to initiate a download, but the user will still have to interact with their browser's download confirmation for at least one more click. This is in part to prevent unwanted file downloads and other malicious behavior that might be disguised as something else, such as a web link. Therefore, it is a security feature which is (as it should be) out of your control.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

That is fine. Do you know how I can achieve that?

If it is a zip file, all you need to do is provide a <a href="..."> link to it just like you would to any HTML file on your site. If it's something like a text file or image file that the browser would normally try to display in some manner, then you need to either use a server-side script or web-server configuration to serve that file up in a manner that will force a download. If the latter sounded like a bunch of gobbledy-gook to you, then I'd suggest the simple solution of just zipping anything you want to be downloaded into a .zip file.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information