www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What are my next steps?

What are my next steps?

Recently, I overhauled my award-winning website, which I invite you to check out at:

http://www.mcmanweb.com

Against all odds, I learned Adobe Dreamweaver, CSS, and recently got my head wrapped around Final Cut Express.

For the next phase of my development, I need to involve my readers, namely:

1. Posting reader feedback on every page of my site, with SPAM-free safe-guards. The kind of posts you see in response to blogs. Only I'm not doing a blog. I have 150 articles and I need a reader feedback mechanism for each one.
    2. Forum page where readers submit comments in response to specific questions I pose.
    3. "RSS,Email this page to a friend, print page, etc" - how do I go about it?
    4. Automatic sign-up for my email Newsletter.

Are there ready-made plug-ins available? Or do I have to learn PHP or whatever? If I have to learn something, what books do you recommend?

I've Googled everywhere and come up empty.

Please forgive the naive nature of my inquiry. I'm really a very good journalist, but a very bad web developer.

Thanking you all profusely in advance -

You might want to spend some time poking around www.opensourcecms.com for a number of different options.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information