I recently got an email from a domain registration company in Hong Kong who said

Dear CEO,

We are a domain name registrar centre in HongKong, and in charge of the registeration in Asia,We have something important need to confirm through your company.

We received a formal application from a company called "Ply International Holdings Ltd" applying to register

Internet trademark:

my-domain

And the domain names
my-domain.asia
my-domain.cn
my-domain.com
my-domain.com.cn
my-domain.com.tw
my-domain.hk
my-domain.net.cn
my-domain.org.cn
my-domain.tw

in China and also in Asia on Jun.20 2008.

During our auditing procedure we find out that the alleged "Ply International Holdings Ltd" has no trade mark,Intellectual property, nor patent even similar to that word. As authorized anti-cybersquatting organization we hereby suspect the alleged "Ply International Holdings Ltd" to be a domain grabber. Hence we need you confirmation for two things,

First of all, whether this alleged "Ply International Holdings Ltd" is your business partner or distributor in Asia

Secondly, whether you are interested in registering these domains. (The alleged "Ply International Holdings Ltd" will be entitled to obtain a domain not needed by original trademark owner.)

If you are not in charge of this please transfer this email to appropriate dept.in order to deal with this issue better, please let someone who is responsible for trademark or domain name contact me as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Jane
I'm not the person to respond to anything which looks fishy, if you catch my drift. But I have been wondering to myself what the point of this email was, if it had one at all. I own my-domain.co.uk untill the end of this year at which time I will renew it for another two years. I have no interest in buying any of the other TLD's. If ply international holdings ltd buy up all the domains that they want and start to run the world do they have any rights over my-domain.co.uk because they have the internet trademark my-domain, if their is such a thing?