dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: starting out - need advice

starting out - need advice

Hey guys.

I have a plan for a website that I would like to put into practice. Unfortunately I have no experience in coding of any kind and need a bit of a point in the right direction.

There are certain functions I need the site to have:

- User registration/log-in
    - User voting - in a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" fashion for multiple items.

(I was hoping to incorporate vote results into a constantly updating "most popular" type list with % positive vs negative response for each item)

- User submission of files (images only)
    - User forum

Any ideas on what pieces of software would be best? I'm hoping to be able to do all this with very limited coding...is there anything that is open source or free that could fulfil these functions?

Ideally I think I'd be looking for a WYSIWYG editor of some kind.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on where to start!!!

There are plenty of open source content management systems, it's just finding the right one.Opensource CMS is probably the best place to start.

Thx for that. Had a bit of a look, something like Drupal looks like a good place to start. Would you recommend this CMS or is there another that would fulfil the functions I need better?

To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the opensource CMSs, but I've heard good things about Drupal.

Thread Information