dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: embed PDF map

embed PDF map

Hi!
    I was wondering if you could help me. I am creating a fan website, and would like to include a map. The map I have is in a PDF format. How can I put this into a html page. Is this possible?

thanks in advance
    danam22315

You can link to the pdf, but many people (like me) have their browsers set to open pdf's external to the browser. Would be best to extract the map image from the pdf - this can be done with Photoshop if available, or even by hitting the "Print Screen" key whilst viewing the pdf, and pasting that into your image editor.

I do not have a scanner.
    I tried using the "Printscreen" method, but the image is too large, (it just fits on a 11X17" piece of paper), so in order to fit it on the screen I have to zoom out. This makes the small print on the image, come out blurry.
    How can I extract the image with photoshop?

please help!

Thanks
    danam22315

If you open the pdf file with Photoshop, you then access the image. If it is quite large, you could put it in a div with height and width set and overflow set to "auto" to produce scroll bars to enable viewing the whole thing. Another alternative, if the map is a street type map with markers, might be to create a custom map with Google maps, and embed that using their code for full interactivity.

Thread Information