www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: changed my nameservers

changed my nameservers

Hi there

I just tried to change the nameservers of my domain, because I changed hosting company. The domain was register in Marts 2006. Now my hosting company is GoDaddy.

Yesterday Iíve changed the nameservers and after few hours my site from the new host company appear. Now, after 10 hours at my domain address I get the site from the old hosting company.

Why the old site appear now, after Iíve changed the nameservers and why the new appear just for a short period of time.

It can take up to 72 hours for your new DNS entries to resolve.

In the meantime, it will be unstable - i.e., sometimes it will show the old, sometimes it will show the new.

eCat

I think is kept in history on my internet provider company. Is that possible?
    What to do now?

What ecat said is correct. As for your IP, their history doesn't affect you. Just clear the history in your browser and wait 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by alx4u
    Hi there

I just tried to change the nameservers of my domain, because I changed hosting company. The domain was register in Marts 2006. Now my hosting company is GoDaddy.

Yesterday Iíve changed the nameservers and after few hours my site from the new host company appear. Now, after 10 hours at my domain address I get the site from the old hosting company.

Why the old site appear now, after Iíve changed the nameservers and why the new appear just for a short period of time.
    This depends on the duration it will take for the DNS propagation to occur. Typically it takes anywhere between 24-48 hours.

Thread Information