www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Duplicate DLLs on Local, crash entire website live

Duplicate DLLs on Local, crash entire website live

Okay, here's the scenario: I've completed the corporate website here: http://www.healthlinesystems.com

The frustrating thing is, I have one page and a C# codebehind that crash the ENTIRE WEBSITE when I copy them over. The codebehind just has "title" and "metadata" for search engines. Since I'm using a master page I didn't want every page to have the same SEO data. All my other pages don't have a problem with this.

I've gotten an error message regarding duplicate temp dlls on my local machine (don't have it to post here unfortunately) for the page echocredentialing.aspx (and aspx.cs) but for the most part my local machine shows the page and website are good. Grrr.

Here's the error I get when I put the new echocredentialing.aspx page and codebehind on the live server. Site goes down and shows this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

I can't allow errors to show on live site but I can't replicate it locally. Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it? I've been asked by a few programmers here, "do you have a bin file for your site?" and I don't. What is a bin and how do I implement it? Remember I'm a web designer who knows some asp and c#, but is mostly versed in html and css.

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by natobasso; 07-07-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Actual DLL error

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'MasterPageHLS' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\healthlinesystems\fc5b0b78\6c12e422\App_Web_cdznqvdy.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\healthlinesystems\fc5b0b78\6c12e422\App_Web_0ew9jrqa.dll'

I realize I had a comment in one of my include virtuals that was causing an error. Removed it and the page loaded...but not sure if that's the real fix?

Thread Information