dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: creating a menu stuck to the bottom of the screen

creating a menu stuck to the bottom of the screen

I am trying to figure out how to create a simple button menu that would always be at the bottom of the browser window. Its for my site at fluidbrandaid.com. I currently have the menu at the bottom of the page but I would like it to always be visible at the bottom of the browser window no matter where you scroll. Any suggestions?

Javascript.

Google javascript fixed position menu

Thanks

I put a 'toolbar' at the top of the page on The Search Engine List and used the colors of the Firefox toolbar. You can use the same code but just stick it to the bottom. No javascript involved, just CSS!

You have to be careful, because when you use absolute positioning, Firefox and IE render differently, so you will have to use an IE6 hack to make it work.

In fact, there are three pieces of absolutely positioned content on this page. The toolbar at the top (the colors load last, so you have to wait a minute.) The search bar to the left and the links area to the right of the main content table.

The page was designed to have almost all of the content on a single page - at least with regard to the major search engines by category.
    Last edited by donatello; 07-09-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Sorry for double posting - the edit tab has expired, and I was out surfing and looking for a guitar to buy and found another example of what you're looking for, so came back to show you a link.

http://guitarhangar.com/Guitar-Hanga...-Arrivals.html

Look at the bottom right hand corner... the "Secured by RapidSSL" box. It stays on the bottom corner of the screen at all times.

Just grab that code, stretch it or whatever, and you've got it.

Thread Information