www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Automatic updates of news and comics

resolved [RESOLVED] Automatic updates of news and comics

Hi,
    I'm building a website that will mainly contain two elements: A news page and a comic strip. These are supposed to be on the same page, and doing that isn't really much of a problem. (I'm not THAT stupid. )

However, I wish to be able to easily update each of these, and independently from each other

For the newsfeed, I simply need a function where I can log in, and submit a new post - pretty much like a blog, but without people being able to reply.

For the comic, I need more things:
    - A function for automatically creating a new page through a simple file/image upload, and create a working "Previous" button, and a disabled "Next" button.
    - A function for automatically updating the previous page, so that it's "Next" button is activated, and links to the new page.
    - A function for automatically updating the archive page.

These three functions should ofcourse work together.

Any help is appreciated. Just need a point in the right direction. ^^
    Last edited by Guyra; 07-10-2008 at 07:37 AM.

With what is the current site coded?
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Hi, thanks for your reply. However, I just found out one of my friends is quite knowledgeable about this kind of work, and he's helping me create such a system. (In exchange for pizza and cola, hehe! )

Cheers!

Thread Information