www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Joomla vs Dupral

Joomla vs Dupral

Can I have some opinions on either?

Which one is easier to learn?

Any recommended books for either?

I had to learn Drupal for a previous job and it was to hard to learn. I used this book, that might not be of use since it is based on drupal 5 and they are on drupal 6 now. There is some noticeable differences between the two so it would be better to get a more up to date book. I have never tried Joomla so I can really say anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker2208
    I had to learn Drupal for a previous job and it was to hard to learn. I used this book, that might not be of use since it is based on drupal 5 and they are on drupal 6 now. There is some noticeable differences between the two so it would be better to get a more up to date book. I have never tried Joomla so I can really say anything about that.
    thanks for the input

I've learnt that Joomla is a b*tch to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5.

They've discontinued 1.0 from the looks of it, which leaves most 1.0 users in a hole in terms of security.

As for building new modules, it's pretty straight forward and there's a lot of resources available to help you build.

In comparison to Drupal, it's very easy to work with. I didn't get along with Drupal which was the main reason I switched to Joomla. In an ideal world though, you should build your own from scratch. Open source is horrible because bugs are easily found and exploited, and if it's not kept on top of (like Joomla) you'll find your website hacked very quickly and easily and constantly. I'd recommend going with Joomla if you want an easier time, and there is a lot of extensions and support, since it's basically the same as Mambo.

Thanks!

I just bought this book over the weekend. Going to give Joomla a try.

Thread Information