www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: jsGraphics not producing expected results--need help

jsGraphics not producing expected results--need help

I have been using the jsGraphics library with everything working fine for a little while now. However, I just recently tried to do some drawing in a frame located elsewhere in the hierarchy and had some issues. Here is my situation:

I have a test page setup using frames to simulate a larger project I am working on. Processing is done in the last frame loaded(let's call it the taskFrame), and I need to allow the user to access/update/draw in a separate frame based on mouse movements(call it the testFrame). I am trying to draw a line that has a segment that is dynamically updated to follow mouse movements in the frame located in parent.parent.mainFrame.testFrame. When I try to draw a line in testFrame, as soon as the call to jg.paint() is made, the taskFrame goes blank, and the status bar for the page seems to indicate that it is trying to load something; but it stays like that indefinitely. Because of that, I tried tracking mouse movements in testFrame but drawing the lines in taskFrame, and that works just fine. However, when I try to do any drawing in testFrame from code loaded and executed in taskFrame, the frame just goes to a blank page and the loading icon stays there.

Has anyone ever experienced this happening, or even tried doing something like this before? Is this library not supposed to be able to do this? Am I doing something wrong with how I'm calling the code?

I can provide all code being used for this test if needed.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

Thanks.

does anyone else even use this library? No one has any ideas?

Thanks again.

Thread Information