www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Suggest Please...!!

Question Suggest Please...!!

hi everyone....im a beginner in java field....can anyone please suggest me a small working application that i can design using html and javascripts+jsp as a project....some management system or something like that...i'll be really thankful....its urgent...thanx in advance..

It's hard to do anything real without a database behind it. If you do then something like a notebook (simple blog with no advanced presentation) or guest book would be doable.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Question alrite...but...

i'll be using a database too...will mySQL do??
    i'll be using JDBC...i have never tried it...but have an idea about wt it is...
    can you suggest me wt driver it needs to be installed for JDBC in case i use MySQL as database..??
    thanx in advance...

MySQL will be fine. There's also a nice little all Java database called Apache Derby that come embedded in various Eclipse IDEs. I don't use MySQL so I don't know what drivers are available but a search of mysql jdbc driver will turn it up in no time.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

thanxx

i'll try doing that...thanx a lot..

Thread Information