www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: To CMS or not to CMS

To CMS or not to CMS

An upcoming site I will build needs user management with a nice admin panel to back it up, but the rest of the site is hand coded and will not need any of the actual content management features of a CMS.

Is it unwise to use a CMS if all you really want is the user management and perhaps a newsletter?

What would the admin panel do? If it isn't that much, I would just code it yourself depending on how skilled you are at coding. User privileges could easily be handled in a database.

It's ok to use CMS for those who wants to spends not much time developing a site. You can add contents anytime and it is flexible.

When in comes to static html site, you can hard code and specify what you really want. And control the flow and architecture of your site. But if you're not good in programming, I recommend you should use CMS.

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I don't like about Drupal is that I haven't figured out an easy way to write a page full of code, that doesn't even necessarily need to be viewable by anyone, just run, but I still want it to exist behinds Drupals security. I am sure I will figure it out.

Thread Information