www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Printing website content.

Printing website content.

Hey guys.
    Right now I have a multiple page website that pulls it's content from a database. What I want to do is create a link in the main header (the part that is displayed on every page) that will print all the content within the whole website at once. Basically I want to pull all the info and put it into one webpage (with a print format) and then print it, BUT I don't want to display that print webpage. Whenever the user clicks the link to print, then it will print the print formatted webpage without sending the user to that page. I don't want the user to have to print each page seperately, but I also don't want the user to be able to view the print formatted webpage. Can anyone give me some ideas?

Unless the printer to which you refer is connected to your web/app server you can't do what you describe.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

The closest you can get to what you want would be to display the page with everything in it so that your visitors can print it.
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by felgall
    The closest you can get to what you want would be to display the page with everything in it so that your visitors can print it.
    Well that's basically what I wanted to do but without actually displaying it. I know I can use window.print() to print it automatically but I was trying to figure out how not to display any of it.

Unfortunately, if you don't display the page then it can't be printed.
    Stephen

Thread Information