www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Brand new website

Brand new website

Hi !
    Just launch the new website of a publisher, who is specialized in fantasy and fantastic (horror, or whatever it's called in english).
    Concept, design and programming is done by me (plateform is wordpress). Graphisms have been done by a professional graphist under my direction.

First collab I'm really happy about it and so is the client. I don't really plan on changing anything now, but I'd like your opinion about the website, so that I can correct my mistakes for the next website.

(the website's main feature is that it changes if you are viewing it during the day or during the night. If you don't have js enabled, the day / night switcher then takes the server's time. You can also choose your style and store it for 31 days.)

Oh, and just to make things clear : Mille Saisons means Thousand Seasons.

Publisher had to change its name some months ago, was called 5th season, and the design was made to match this theme.

I'm not posting any direct link because I don't want any google referencing on this page, but here is the link :

http:// millesaisons . fr

i really like the looks on this website. very neat graphical work. i especially like the night design
    great job!
    erik

The site looks great, i thought you didn't like blue? anyways, something that bothered me was the glowing effect of some of your creatures. The glow didn't glow outside of them, it was kinda spattered and un-uniform around them. i don't really like the red glow, maybe try yellow ( like light that would come from an old fashion candle lantern) or make all the creatures a uniform glow, i like the goblins highlights, they get more emphasis when you hover over him, if you did that for all of the items, i think it would look much better. thats my 2 cents.
    Egyptian Mythology www.anubis.org

Thanks Mr Sirric
    Actually, as I said, I didn't do the graphics And it's light blue I don't like, not all kind of blue ^^
    Moreover, there are two versions, one of them is green !!!
    Red glow was done on purpose. Yellow glow is on the aternative version. I tried all sorts of glows, and the golbins glow didn't apply well to some other elements.

A four seasons version will probably made in a couple of months, so I'll take your suggestions into account !

Thread Information