dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript login

Javascript login

Looking for a javascript login script that will take the user to their own private directory after a successful login.

I have found a javascript login script( http://javascript.internet.com/passwords/login-coder.html[/url] ) which was coded by someone named Dion. The link to him is broken.

It works well but does not appear to be able to take the user to another directory (8character file name limit).

Anyone know of a correct link to the author? Or alternatively to a script that will solve my problem. I simply am not competent enough to write my own.

Thanks

JavaScript isn't the language for a secure login system. If at all possible, try to use a server side language, or .htaccess to password protect a directory.

You can use a 6k+ JavaScript to enforce login to the content of the current page by using a proper encryption function to encrypt the entire page but that limits access to that page to people who both have JavaScript enabled and who know the password. It needs to use a proper encryption method though so you will not find a script under 6k in size that does it. That is the full extent of JavaScript password protection.

Nothing JavaScript can do can affect anything beyond the current page.

you will not find a script under 6k in size that does it
    Mine is 5.6KB, remember?

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=189986
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

Where is the copy of your script that is that small. The smallest copy I have of your script is 6.59k.

It's the download in the discussion I linked to. I've been silently updating that file. I haven't changed the version number because the new versions are functionally identical.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

Thread Information