www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: browser compatibility test (and optional review)

browser compatibility test (and optional review)

Hello,

I could really use a quick hand. The "rules" are simple:

1. Load the page: http://svidgen.com/rcg.php
    2. Make a post with the browser and OS you viewed the site with.
    3. Indicate whether the page rendered correctly.
    4. If you want to take the time, tell me if the ads are too overwhelming, if the page is easy to understand and use, etc.

I have attached a screenshot so you have some idea of what "correctly" looks like.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!

looks good in everything I tested it in(konqueror, firefox(with and without noscript+addblock), lynx and links(both on and off the command line)), congrats.
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

Great, thanks scragar!

Is there anyone running Opera or an older version of IE (like 6.0) and/or FF (less than 3.0) that can verify it displays correctly?

... It'd be really silly to maintain rounded corner generator that fails for some of the relatively popular browsers just because I don't have them installed.

Thanks!
    Jon Wire

Use CODE tags!

I tested IE6 under wine(so it's most likely right, but it could react slightly different on a real windows machine) and it looked OK, although the right hand advert block got pushed under the main content(I'm assuming this could be fixed by setting slightly smaller widths or something similar, right?).

I tried it in IE5 on wine as well, and got this result, as you can see, the adverts don't show, but otherwise it's all rather good.

I'm not able to run a virtualbox to test it in other browsers just yet, but I'll give it a go in a couple more browsers later.
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...

Don't see any problems from Opera 9.52 on linux, If I boot into Windows later I'll check it from there as well.
    You can't have manslaughter without laughter!

I tried it in IE5 on wine as well, and got this result, as you can see, the adverts don't show, but otherwise it's all rather good.
    Thanks for the screenshot! I'm not too terribly concerned about the ads not showing up or right ad being pushed down. And, while it's not absolutely awful, it's good to know that it's not centering correctly in some browsers. Do you happen to know if the centering was working in IE6?

Don't see any problems from Opera 9.52 on linux, If I boot into Windows later I'll check it from there as well.
    Cool, thanks.

I should probably get a good *nix installation running again for testing these things.

Thanks for the help, folks!
    Jon Wire

Use CODE tags!

OK, I can confirm that it works fine in opera 9.5 and safari(and by extention google chrome) for windows.

And yes, it is centered in IE6.

OK, I can confirm that it works fine in opera 9.5 and safari(and by extention google chrome) for windows.

And yes, it is centered in IE6.
    Great! You've been incredibly helpful.

Thanks!
    Jon Wire

Use CODE tags!

Thread Information