www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I need a good free mail merge program... suggestions?

I need a good free mail merge program... suggestions?

At the moment my company is using Microsoft Word but they aren't going to renew the license (no idea why, I'm not on the business end) so they want to find some kind of free program to use for their mail merges.

It would need to be able to take delimited text files (preferably tab) and create mail merge documents based on the various fields. It should also be able to save mail merges as templates to be used again in the future.

I am already looking into Open Office, but the process on that seems a bit convoluted and most of the people using it here are not IT people at all. It seems like there has to be something simpler out there...

http://www.abisource.com/help/en-US/...mailmerge.html <-- take a look at the abiword method, it's not very hard, and thanks to it's open source plugin and macro-ing powers you could proberly make it even simpler if it's required.
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

Mail Merge Toolkit is powerful add-in for Microsoft Office 2002 (XP) and 2003 designed to extend mail merging capabilities in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher. i highly recomand ..i think is the right ..hope it helped u..thankyou

Well we won't have licenses for Word anymore, I'm pretty sure we won't have them for many Microsoft Office products period.

I'm trying out the Abisource... it seems sort of convoluted to me. The process they have on the help page is using the command line to actually merge and print, they don't seem to have that capable in the graphical interface. There is no way our users would ever want to use the command line to do anything. I can't seem to find any plugins that allow this stuff to be done graphically either.

not sure where you are but it may be cheaper to get them to use a mail distributer supplier that you send the file and they then create the letters, print and send them.

Thread Information