www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Feedback on new store

Feedback on new store

Hello. I need some feedback on the design of an online store. I didn't design this from scratch but instead modified an already present design. I do however have all the files for full modification. Just need some feedback at this point. Thanks.

http://www.barkleigh.com/store/pc/home.asp
    Barkleigh's Webmaster

Talking

two things..

i dont really like to dotted boarder around some things

and i dont like the multi orange colors, like when you press "buy" the table color is orange and is not the same as the menu's orange.

but besides that good job

-
    Sincerely,

Michael R. Devaney
    President
    Austany Design
    Austany.com

First I would like to say the layout looks nice...

I would change the color. To much!

But good!
    Happy Code Writing!

Think, think, think......just like pooh does!

Thanks for the feedback. I chose the orange and green because it corresponds with the rest of the company's color scheme. If I reduce the number of oranges, would that help? Thanks.
    Barkleigh's Webmaster

I think that the orange background is just too heavy. It may be a lot cleaner if you made the content's background white, then left the orange as the background... something like the screenshot attached.

I'm on FF2... and the main navigation menu at the top shifts all over the place (it was a mess). Did that happen for anyone else?

I haven't looked into that problem, but I can guess that fixing the errors may help:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...Fpc%2Fhome.asp

It's a really nice layout, but I think it can definitely be cleaned up a little (especially the code). Good job with it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bp_travis View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I chose the orange and green because it corresponds with the rest of the company's color scheme. If I reduce the number of oranges, would that help? Thanks.
    That is good that you are going with the company's color scheme but yes I think you need to turn down the orange a little. Other then that it is a nice site.
    Happy Code Writing!

I think I've fixed the FF2 problem. I have also applied the suggestion above about changing the middle background to all white. What oranges would you suggest I alter? Thanks for the feedback.
    Barkleigh's Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bp_travis View Post
    What oranges would you suggest I alter?
    Might want to take out the orange strips on the background.

I think it takes away from your website. Draws the eyes away from your site.
    Happy Code Writing!

What would you put in place of the stripes? I'm just afraid a solid color might look to boring. Thanks
    Barkleigh's Webmaster

I know you dont want it to be to boring but you also have to remember you dont want it to be to out there. Might try different things. I will think about it and see if I can come up with something.

Really nice site though
    Happy Code Writing!

The stripes are fine - but there's too much of them. You should really only use that for the background (on the left and right outter edges of the site). This way, the user won't be distracted from your content. Try to think of a way to fill the rest of the site out (like I've done with the image posted above). You should be fine with something like that...

Thread Information