www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CSS IE7 Wrapping Problem, can't fix it.

CSS IE7 Wrapping Problem, can't fix it.

Hey Guys,

I'm currently working on a 2 Column Layout, with header, horizontal menu bar, main content, right side bar and footer.

As you'd expect, it looks fine in the most used browsers, except IE7. I have attached the HTML page and CSS file so you can view it yourself and see what happens. In Firefox, it renders just as I want it to be. However, in IE7, it wraps the content div below the right side bar. I've fiddled around with it, looked in a couple of my books and can't seem to find a fix that addresses this issue.

Can anyone explain to me why IE7 is pushing the content div way down the page? I'm rusty on my CSS so I can't fully grasp what is going on.

Thanks for your time and help

P.S. If I change the pixel width of the content div to fit in the gap to the left of the right side bar, when I render it in Firefox, it leaves a 3-4 pixel gap which doesn't look very tidy and also doesn't sit well with my obsessive compulsion for flush, clean layouts!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Coyote!

Would you mind explaining what you have done in order to achieve the same results in both IE7 and Firefox please?

Actually, I've just checked out what you've done and although it works (which I am of course grateful for), is there a method of achieving the same look in Firefox and IE7 WITHOUT browser sniffing? I'm not sure I want to go down that road really.

Thread Information