dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: AV webcam chat without chat room

AV webcam chat without chat room

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a way to do something and I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

A friend of mine has a site that has a live video broadcast and a chat room (Mogulus). What I mean by live broadcast is they are in vegas and they do interviews and such. In vegas they have the website projected on a screen so they can see the chat room. So we, the chatters, can talk to them in the chat and they can talk back to us. You can check it out here.

Now for the reason I'm posting this. They also have a webcam chat room. So we can be on cam and see each other. They can also see the webcams on the screen in Vegas.

The problem is the webam chat and the main chat can't fit on the same page. It's kind of silly to have two separate chat rooms when we are all participating in the same thing. So what I'd like to do is be able to place just the webcam feeds on the main page. Something like this image:

They can click the "Open new Webcam" and a webcam window will open. Then they can turn their webcam on and it'll show in that window.

If the "Open new Webcam" thing won't work then we can just position a number of webcam windows around the main chat and they can just turn them on, but of course we wouldn't limited to a number of available spots. If that's the only way then that'll do but the ability to open more is preferred.

Any idea how I can do this or perhaps an existing service that can do this? I was thinking about some kind of webcam widget but so far I can't find anything that works very well for this purpose. I've found some that record webcams like this but not broadcast them.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.

Ron

web site communicator

This is the software that you are looking for. As the title of this reply suggests its Web Site Communicator and this short cut will get you there.

http://www.websitecommunicator.com/m...w-it-works.php

Thread Information