www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any video streaming playlist scripts?

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Is there any video streaming playlist scripts?

hello

i have been looking around the net for any type of video streaming script that allows me to create a video playlist, as well as allowing me to play megavideo, dailymotion, and veoh videos.

does anyone know of any scripts or such that could do exactly this, or something similar to it?

please help if possible every little detail helps me in my goal to find such a script.

Commenting on your question:
    i have been looking around the net for any type of video streaming script that allows me to create a video playlist, as well as allowing me to play megavideo, dailymotion, and veoh videos.
    The sites you mentioned above do not “stream” the video, it’s simply downloaded into the viewers Temporary Internet Files cache by a process called progressive downloading. The advertisement post which followed yours should have pointed that out. So while that advertisement may contain some useful information, since it doesn’t even point out this very major difference in video delivery
    you can follow the step by step tutorial on how to Make a PlayList for Streaming Video?
    I certainly cannot recommend their products.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

hmm..

hello

thanks alot for replying and giving me the heads up about prodressive downloading.

however, would it still be possible to create a playlist out of various videos from different sites like megavideo, dailymotion, veoh, etc?

oh, in addition, is there a way to do it without actually downloading each of the videos i want onto my playlist onto my computer?

Are you using this playlist just for your own use or are you looking to post this on a Web site?
    I don't think it's right to take someone else's hard work, the coding for the player, the videos, etc, and turn around and present it as yours. The content on those sites will usually carry a YouTube logo or some mention of the source, if not an actual copyright warning.
    However, if you are just making a collection for your own viewing, you could create a playlist from the urls used for each video....not the url of the page the video is on but the actual url of the video. I've dicussed this in greater detail in this post:
    http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=192713
    Use this fairly and wisely.
    EfV

i plan to simply embed all the videos from different websites onto my site except in the form of one playlist. however, i do not plan to post the videos as my own of course. I only plan to use the videos in a playlist with the company watermark, like youtube or megavideo, rather than individual videos.

This tutorial should help you out.

hello

thanks alot for responding

wow, that tutorial helps alot! thanks!

however, the thing about that tutorial is that it creates a video playlist using divs and the entire embed code of the video i want.

is there a simpler way of creating a playlist with a bit less code, and linking the videos only by the use of URL rather than the entire embed code?

I also thought the tutorial above was very detailed and helpful. Now I know another way to create that playlist.
    As for a simpler way, almost any player which uses an .xml playlist can be adapted to read in the video URL. Just make sure you have the absolute address of the video file, not the address of the page the video appears on. Here's an example which play a video from a site we discussed in a previous post:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <videos>
    	<video caption="Trying to load video from Web"
    		title="Web video"
    		url="http://phvids.voxcdn.com/twistage-production/155332_293924"/>
    </videos>
    The custom built player I was using also had an area for a caption about the video and a video title. Each additional <video> would need a caption, title, and url attribute.
    Of course the ActionScript in the player was designed just for this xml playlist. See the earlier post I mentioned for discussion on how to find the video URL.
    For tuts on building your own player using an xml playlist try:
    www.gotoandlearn.com
    or
    www.flashkit.com
    Best of luck to ya,
    EfV

hmm, yup. i had checked the previous post and it was pretty helpful! however, i was having the same issue as the person in that other post i cannot see the video url in my temp files its strange.

the main video hosting site i will be using is megavideo and mayle myspace as well. the thing with megavideo is that i cannot find a way to get the exact url

i had tryed an XML with the JW Media player (they give you a prebuilt player to use) and the youtube video from the XML worked, but not the megavideo ones

i cant seem to find a way to get the exact url of the megavideo video

thanks alot for replying by the way ^^

Vista types the Temp Internet files as "hidden" system files. There are ways around that but you'll have to research that deeper. I think my last post in the other discussion mentioned a resource for that. OOORRRRRR...
    Find someone using Windows XP and get your URLs straight from there, listed in the Temp Internet files folder. Here's an example I just grabbed from Megavideo. Downloads and plays fine from this URL:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <videos>
    	<video caption="Trying to load video from Web"
    		title="Web video"
    		url="http://www215.megavideo.com/files/df4230573893414f26f42cb7965810ff/" />
    </videos>
    Test out the URL in your player to varify the method works for you, then move on to gathering the URLs of other videos you want.
    EfV

hello

hmm, well actually, i am using XP currently. however, for some reason, i cannot find the video temps in the temp internet files anywhere

and the column that lists the URL is not thier either

any idea how i can get the columbn that say the URL of the video file to show?

thanks alot for the reply!

hmm, i think it may be the video player i am using it may not be working with megavideo videos..

would it be possible for me to try the player you are using? or do you know where i might be able to get one that would play any kind of video?

thanks again! ^^

What browser are you using? Can you get into the Temp Internet Files folder? What are the column headings as you view the files?
    EfV

wow finally.

i managed to figure out how to get to the proper temp internet files. it also has video urls stored there as well

however, i had deleted all teh files in that folder but when i watch a new video on youtube or megavideo, nothing shows up in the folder anymore

is there something i am doing wrong?

Thread Information