www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Hi guys, sometimes when I try to click on one of the articles on my knowledge base page, it gives me a syntax error and won't open up. The error reads that it's on line 2, character 1, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Can anyone please help? Here's my page: http://netzeye.com/kb/index.php

Thanks!

it loads fine for me. can we see the first few lines of code.

Scott.
    Close the windows and get to know your inner Penguin with Linux

Hi Scott, I have a few php include codes on that page, so it loads up differently than from what I have in my Dreamweaver. When the computer displays the error on line 2, which one are they referring to?

Thx!

Do you have a link to a page on your website that always comes up with this error?

Something from which we can replicate?

The error message should tell you exactly which file the error is in. If the error is on character 1 of a line, most likely the error is due to something missing in the preceding (non-comment) line, most often the terminal semi-colon.

But there's no way any of us can give you definite answer without at least seeing the source code, and preferably also seeing the exact error message text.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information