www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help! Complicated Chart build

Help! Complicated Chart build

Hi there, I don't know if this is possible or not. I have to build a chart based on an Excel spreadsheet. Unfortunately everything I do is behind a secure network login so I can't send any example links.

Basically there's 4 main sections. If you imagine a square separated into 4 areas the top left would be "A", top right "B", bottom left "C", bottom right "D". "A" would have no special requirements or dynamic content. "B", "C", and "D" would all have rows of dynamically generated (.net I believe) content. On top of that, it's been requested that "B" and "D" scroll together horizontally (with "B" staying fixed on a vertical scroll) and "C" and "D" scrolling vertically (with "C" staying fixed on a horizontal scroll). To make things *even* more complicated, they want items within "B" to be clickable and when clicked they expand in an accordian style to show a sublayer. The sublayer needs to be revealed in the rows of "D" as well to the exact right of those links so that basically "C" and "D" need to be built in a table or div together.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've tried everything I know including working with position options in CSS but there are so many specifics it always seems to fall apart. I'm a bit of a newbie with Javascript too, I can read it ok and tweak it but not just sit down and write functions.
    Last edited by caspergrl; 10-23-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Hey again everyone, just to add to my situation above, I guess my question is... is there any way using Javascript to say basically, if scrolling vertically scroll Divs (or Tables) C and D and if scrolling horizontally scroll Divs (or Tables) B and D? Thanks!!

Thread Information