www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: can someone tell me what is the psychological meaning of placing a logo centered?

can someone tell me what is the psychological meaning of placing a logo centered?

In general graphic information, can someone tell me what is the psychological meaning of placing a logo centered, left or right is? I seem to like them all but I want to transmit something to graphic critiques and know-it-allís. Thanks.

I don't think there is a "psychological" reasoning for it; more like how "visible" do you want it to be?
    Left-aligned is more apt to be noticed, then centered, then right-aligned.

once my teacher told me that advertiser of printed media would prefer to place their crucial design in two spot: top left corner of canvas or bottom right corner. because it is the first and last thing a customer would read. obviously, this statement is true if the used language is left-to-right direction.

my opinion is that layout (in your case the alignment of logo) of crucial information may depend on the media to publish and how the customer use that media. so, i don't believe there is a psychological meaning on alignment by itself because isn't the only component that affect a design.
    Last edited by ZeroKilled; 10-29-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: correcting typo

Hi Kdla,
    my opinion is that the place or direction where the logo place is vital, which place will attract more attention is some what a psychological problem, well, like the webdeveloper.com put its logo on the lift top, so what I wanna know is that which direction is more attractive, more impressive to people.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroKilled View Post
    once my teacher told me that advertiser of printed media would prefer to place their crucial design in two spot: top left corner of canvas or bottom right corner. because it is the first and last thing a customer would read. obviously, this statement is true if the used language is left-to-right direction.

my opinion is that layout (in your case the alignment of logo) of crucial information may depend on the media to publish and how the customer use that media. so, i don't believe there is a psychological meaning on alignment by itself because isn't the only component that affect a design.
    Well, I agree with your first part, but still I believe it has something to do with the psychology, it's an appealing problem.

The psychology of placing it top right where your language reads left to right is that your uncle comes from a country where they write the other way and you are doing the page for him. Where that isn't the case then it is that you are trying to psych out your visitor and convince them to leave your page and go somewhere that was created by someone who wasn't psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by RuebenMarley View Post
    Hi Kdla,
    my opinion is that the place or direction where the logo place is vital, which place will attract more attention is some what a psychological problem, well, like the webdeveloper.com put its logo on the lift top, so what I wanna know is that which direction is more attractive, more impressive to people.
    I would guess that would depend upon the design of the logo, not it's placement.
    No matter where a Rolls Royce or Bentley is parked, it's impressive. Not so for a rust-corroded Chevy.

Initial eye movement focuses on the upper left corner of the page. Eye scan studies prove this every time.

Thanks LeeU,
    You've been very helpful!

Glad I could help!

Thread Information