dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Order Motion integration?

Order Motion integration?

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to ask this, but I figure I'll give it a shot...

Has anyone ever dealt with Order Motion for an e-commerce site? It's an online order management program. The reason I ask is this: I have a client who currently uses a Yahoo store, and has this Order Motion attached to it which it does out of the box. He now wants to move to his own e-commerce set up. I'll probably use OSCommerce or something similar. When I approached Order Motion on how to integrate the product, they sent me to a site with a bunch of UDI requests saying that I have to use them and XML to send requests. I know nothing of how to use these things. I'm wondering if someone does and can point me in the right direction? The company is of no help at all. I asked multiple questions and I got this as a response:

Good Afternoon David,

If you go to http://help.ordermotion.com . In here, click on UDI User
    Guide >Request Types and you will find a full list of API requests.

The request most prominately used by our clients to send orders from the
    webstore shopping cart into OrderMotion is the Universal Direct Order
    Appendage (UDOA200)

The request and response parameters can be in XML and also XSD.

You will only need the HTTPBizID found in the client's OrderMotion
    Account under Config>Ecommerce

This online help should be able to answer most questions you have as it
    also provides the schema for your reference of the fields and data.
    Can someone shed any light on this? I just don't know where to start.

Thanks.

I can help you out. I am a Yahoo Store Developer and we process and manage all orders through OM.

You can reach me through my office number at 415-946-8056.

Victor Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by davidrus View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct section to ask this, but I figure I'll give it a shot...

Has anyone ever dealt with Order Motion for an e-commerce site? It's an online order management program. The reason I ask is this: I have a client who currently uses a Yahoo store, and has this Order Motion attached to it which it does out of the box. He now wants to move to his own e-commerce set up. I'll probably use OSCommerce or something similar. When I approached Order Motion on how to integrate the product, they sent me to a site with a bunch of UDI requests saying that I have to use them and XML to send requests. I know nothing of how to use these things. I'm wondering if someone does and can point me in the right direction? The company is of no help at all. I asked multiple questions and I got this as a response:

Can someone shed any light on this? I just don't know where to start.

Thanks.

Thread Information