www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Recording Software

Question Recording Software

Hi There,

Do you know any good voice recording + mixing software out there?

I actually want to record my voice and then have some songs mixing with it. Like the one Radio Jockeys do?

But I really need a simple one....

Thanx in advance

PS: I really hate the Windows Sound Recorder so plz do not suggest me that LOL.

Audacity is pretty much seen as the most popular audio recording, editing and remixing software.

It's got a fantastic plugin feature as well, so if there's a feature you don't need odds are someone, somewhere will have a plugin available for the purpose.
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

You have plenty of environments that can allow you this option.

If you want an all-in-one wonder then software like Mixmeister, Fruity-Loops, will do but a higher end app like Cubase, Cakewalk or Soundforge will do it for you.

Soundforge is a bit of a difficult beast to use if you have no working knowledge of it and how to get the most out of it. Sounforge is an ISA where as other editors never get to see the inside of a sound studio, Soundforge like Soundscape & Cubase have been in the studio from the year dot.

Microphones, the one you use will be important, when I was studying sound engineering, we spent 6 weeks of the course on the subject of Microphones, types and placement and how to obtain best results from them. So shop around for a semi-decent one, if you can try them out in store, do so, you will soon begin to appreciate the dynamics of a microphone, the different types and just how bad some microphones really are.

If you have particularly prominent siblence or plosives then you may want to invest in a pop shield too.

Your Mic will be the biggest factor in the audio chain and one that should not be skirted over as it really does make a huge difference.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information