dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drupal

Drupal

Hi
    i wanna know that how can i upload my site which is created on drupal which is a CMS.how to retrive all its content and moreover how can i make my own template on it and change the one already created....

Smile Drupal website transfer from localhost to remote server

To transfer your drupal website you must to back up database first. To do this start your apache server and web browser. Enter http://localhost in the address line and click on phpmyadmin link in the opened window. Click on existing drupal database. This will open your database window. Find export link and click on it. At the bottom of the window enable save as file and click on Go button. Choose directory where you want to save it.

Next step is to create a new database on your remote server. When this will be done click on import link and import just saved database on your computer.

After this will be done your must to transfer all drupal folder from your computer to your website. The best way to do this is via FTP. FileZilla will do a great job. This will take a while so you can have a cup of coffee or something else.

The last what probably you will need to do is to change your settings.php file in sites/default directory. Under database settings enter database name, database username and database password. You will must to do this only if any of these changes was done when you was creating database.

I will publish tomorrow step by step guide on my website how to transfer drupal website and you will be able to look on it if will have any problems. Or post comment here.

:)

Fioder THank you very much for guiding me this much, as im struggling with CMS and want to be gud at it.

Can you tell me what is SMTP, as i was trying to create a new username i got this error:
    warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in F:\wamp\www\drupal-6.6\includes\mail.inc on line 193.
    Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site admin, if the problem persists.

please guide me what should i do further with this and if i have registered before will that username work or everytime i install drupal on my system i have to register?

Creating new user

How i understand you are trying to create a new user on your local server from the front page of your drupal website by clicking on create account button.

The most easiest way to create a new user is to log in with your admin user and to go to:
    administer/user management/users
    Click on add user button and enter all information. Click on save button when you are finished.

SMTP is a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. You can set it up on local server also for testing purposes but if your goal is to create a new account just follow instructions above.

if you want to allow new user to manage website you must to create new role on your drupal website in administer/user management/roles and edit permissions for this role. Enable all available permissions and go to administer/user management/users and change a role for just created user.

Create User

Oops! a big mistake what i want to ask is that i have installed the drupal and i had to create a new admin account in order to continue but i cant create admin account previously when i installed it i was having username by the name of admin_wajiha and now im entering it its not working at all....and while i try to create a new admin account its giving me that error which i sent u in my last message........

What mistake you are getting?

What mistake you are getting when trying to log in with your old user name.

Did you transfer your website to new location or made new installation?

If you had made new installation on your computer. I presume you are running wamp. Start web browser enter localhost in the address line. Click on phpmyadmin button and find database of your drupal website. This will open a list of available tables. Click on users table browse button.
    On new page click on edit button beside user 1. This will open new page. In the pass field enter new password and under function field choose MD5. Click on go button. Now you will be able to log in.

If your transfer your website your problem probably is that you didn't import your old database.
    Last edited by Fiodor; 11-12-2008 at 03:32 PM.

User

Ya it worked the suggestion which you wrote worked and i was able to login, but after logging the account i get is of limited access i'm not a administrator.

I didnt transfered my old site on which i was working i installed the new version directly.But when i was trying to register it said that i have already used the email address so was having problems with this.

One more problem im facing is that how can i work on its code as m new to development so i cant understand coding and I guess the coding is done via OOP.

what are crons?

Full access to manage your drupal website have only user 1. If you dont have full access after changing password you must to come back to phpmyadmin your drupal database and click on users table. Make sure that your user uid is 1. If it's not and you have another user with uid 1 delete user 1 and edit your user.

On the edit page in the uid value field enter 1 and click go. Now you will have full access.

Cron is very important for your website. Cron is running maintenance and dependably of your website size you must to run cron daily or every few hours. You must to run cron if you want to index your created content for local search.

Usually when you are running website on remote server they have a button to set up cron jobs. For now while you are working with website on your computer just run it manually. To do this go to administer/reports/status.

Login

Yes i did it myself and was succesfull with it.

you said that i can run crons manually as im owrking on localhost well if i publish my site so what should i do with crons?

and can you tell me the process of converting templates to CMS? how can i do that?

First you must be sure that host provider will allow you to set up crons. If yes they will have cron task button on the cpanel of your website where you can set up cron.

Click on standard button there. In the opened window enter your e-mail address and command. Command for cron will look like:
    php /home/your_cpanel_username/public_html/cron.php
    This command can vary dependably of your root directory.

Set up how often you want to run cron and what days.

And what you mean for converting themes for cms. If you want to choose another theme for your drupal website you must to go to official drupal website download section. Choose what you like and download to your computer. Extract downloaded theme and move it to: sites/all/themes directory. You will must to create directory.

Next go to administer/site_building/themes and make it default. If you are saying about creating absolutely new theme than you must to have html and css knowledges. There is good tutorials on official drupal website

Templates which i was asking about was new templates converting them into CMS templates

i am not sure what you mean by converting new theme to cms template. Can u tell a bit more

i mean that while surfing i have seen many clients asking for coverting templates in CMS so how would i do that was asking by daway have gone through a tutorial on drupal site it helped me abit.......

Thread Information