www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: two onclick event for a single button

Question two onclick event for a single button

Hi,
    I'm new to Jscript,here's my Requirement i have some 10 fields in my page(validation is working fine) and a form to submit this,the problem arises when a user disables the Jscript,so i thought of putting a Jscript Form submit like this

function submit_form()
    {
    document.myform.submit();
    }

But i've already got a on click button action in my page,so my problem is if the user disable Jscript, he can't submit the form .How can i do this

Thanks

The standard solution is to provide a standard HTML <input type=submit> button and fire your JavaScript validation from the FORM tag's onsubmit event -- not from a non-standard button's onclick event. You can still return false to the onsubmit event to prevent the form from being submitted -- and return true when you want the form to go ahead and submit. This way, if JavaScript is disabled, then the form can still be submitted and you just use your server-side validation code to do what the JavaScript validation code could not do.
    HTML Code:
    <form ... onsubmit="return ValidateForm(this)">

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    <input type=submit> button and fire your JavaScript validation from the FORM tag's onsubmit event -- not from a non-standard button's onclick event

I think i've to be more specific.

This way, if JavaScript is disabled, then the form can still be submitted and you just use your server-side validation code to do what the JavaScript validation code could not do.
    HTML Code:
    <form ... onsubmit="return ValidateForm(this)">
    My Requirement is this Don't submit the Form if Jscript is disabled,only allow submitting the Form only when Jscript is enabled ,so i think i may be wrong to have <input type=submit> and onemore thing i already have a onclickevent for my clientside validation,so pls advise me on this

Thanks

So you say you don't want the user to be able to submit the form if JavaScript is disabled. So show your HTML for the button you have. I'm not a mind reader.

Code:
    <input name="Submit" type="submit" class="bodyText" id="buttonsubmit" onclick="return formValidator();" value="Register Now" />
    The onclick event is for my field validation & it works fine,and i know the Form is submitting even though the script is disabled because of the fact of TYPE="Submit",but i don't want this to happen,so i want something like the FORM to be submitted on Jscript so if user disables it no action performed, i think this will give a clear idea

Thanks

OK, just change that to a non-submitting button:
    Code:
    <input type="button" name="Submit" class="bodyText" id="buttonsubmit"
     onclick="return formValidator();" value="Register Now" />
    However, be aware that some browsers will submit the FORM when the ENTER key is pressed in a text field. Without JavaScript, there is no to prevent this behavior.

Thumbs up

Thanks Thanks Guys I've Got it

Meet you with others Issues Guys

Thread Information