www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: adding wmv to html/web and flv q

adding wmv to html/web and flv q

ok very new to web video but heres a q:

my client wants to put their wmv video to their website (video.wmv 50+ mbs!) and they don't want it on googlevideo or youtube, just any plain video player.

I don't have flash to try to add it there.

Is there any recommendation to do this?

I was thinking of coverting it to flv, but still short on resource...if I do convert it to flv, then how do you add a player on the source?

I also have DW CS4 not sure if that can help.

Thanks

Well I decided to take charge arrgh!

ok I used Adobe Media Encoder and coverted it in FLV....I then used JW player (a flash player) and whala done.

Encode to an MPEG format as this will play any platform (operating system) & player of worth.

End of story.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Dream Party…please keep your spamming out of this Forum. That product you mention has been banned for spamming a number of times already. Please don’t continue. Go out and buy real advertising like your competitors have to do.

PhysicalDevice… seems like we’ve gone over this before. Videos posted on a Web pages require the proper plugin in the browser, regardless of the operating system default media player. The Web browser does not automatically “default” to the operating system media player. FF installed on a Windows machine does NOT default to Windows Media Player and play .wmv files without the proper WMP plugin installed. The viewer’s browser MUST have the proper plugin to parse whichever media player the Web page contains.
    As for the MPEG format, you do realize that the only mpeg version currently in wide spread use is mpeg4, right? The older versions, mpeg1 and .mpeg2, have long since been replaced because of poor compression and quality. Currently the problem with using mpeg4 is the proprietary codec used to encode the video… for example Divx..Ipod…etc. With mpeg4 the quality and compression issues are comparable to other cross browser video formats, like .flv. Still, the viewers browser must have the correct plugin and codec to play the video, regardless of operating system.
    Here is your chance to advance the use of the .mpeg format. Post a couple links to a large volume video site (or even a small volume site) that uses .mpeg video. Let us evaluate your assertions. These links would provide proof that your information is correct. Explanations ..will simply fall short…
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

thanks for all your help guys

if you want add wmv to web,first need to convert wmv to flv or swf or html.

i used this tool convert mov to swf and upload it on my web, Flash Video MX Pro,it can converts AVI to SWF/FLV, DVD to SWF/FLV, MOV to SWF/FLV, WMV to SWF/FLV.ect.

hope it also can help u.

Thread Information