dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash Anomaly

Red face Flash Anomaly

Heya! I just started learning flash and put up this site for a product I'm developing.

The problem I'm encountering is that upon going to the site, if I click any buttons within the first 10 seconds of being on the site, it takes me to all the wrong pages; But, if I wait 10 seconds, then all the buttons work correctly.

WTF is up with my site? Pleez help.

Thanks!
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by CamCam View Post
    Heya! I just started learning flash and put up this site for a product I'm developing.

The problem I'm encountering is that upon going to the site, if I click any buttons within the first 10 seconds of being on the site, it takes me to all the wrong pages; But, if I wait 10 seconds, then all the buttons work correctly.

WTF is up with my site? Pleez help.

Thanks!
    Cam
    source code? upload part of the .fla?

I don't know how to view the source code. When I put the HTML doc into Textedit, it comes up black with a link to get flash. Is it possible to upload the .fla file into this forum?... Otherwise, where?

It sounds like you're firing functions before their corresponding objects are loaded. You might want to check into creating a preloader. Also for uploading I've had good luck with mediafire

Is it possible to export HTML only from Flash or even iWeb (these are my only web apps)... My page actually doesn't even have animation, would google better, and probably load quicker if I did it in HTML instead... My only hurdle now is how to make it an HTML document.

Any advice?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you mean you need to embed the flash inside an html document. Flash will generate the html file if you PUBLISH inside the flash application. You should know though that this will kick out a large sample file. I use swfObject to embed flash in client sites. It's free and widely accepted:
    http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

Thread Information