www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: from DVD to web video

from DVD to web video

my external hard drive crashed and all I have left from my video is a DVD version (or it's also on youtube). How do I retrieve it to get it into dv again in order to convert it for web?

if it's on youtube you can get it from zamzar.com. they download it and send it to you via email in your choice of format. it's free. i've used i many times and it works fine.

choose the download videos tab and it's self-explanatory.

Well if all you want is the downsized .flv file that is shown on YouTube, just go to YouTube and watch it. Then the file will be stored in your Temp Internet Files folder. Go get it and just copy it into your video folder. You'll have to rename it because they give it some long, convoluted name. Be sure to give it a .flv file extension.
    But the problem is that the YouTube version is a very low quality (250kbps) and small size (320 X 240 or so). You would never want to re-edit such a poor quality video file, it would only de-grade further.
    Best bet is to get a DVD to .avi ripper and get the video back into a high quality, editable version to archive or edit as needed. Since the DVD is using VOBs, you'll need some software to convert it back to high quality .avi. Just Google for "DVD to AVI rippers"
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Hope to help U

Please consult this cool guide about " How to Convert DVD to Web Videos on Mac "

There are many dvd converter can do that job, I personally think dvd4web converter is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by npqster View Post
    my external hard drive crashed and all I have left from my video is a DVD version (or it's also on youtube). How do I retrieve it to get it into dv again in order to convert it for web?
    i think you need to convert DVD to SWF,then you can upload it to your web.but if you want to upload to youtube you need convert to WMV, AVI, MOV, and MPG which Youtube accept.

Thread Information