www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Love Gatekeeper, but...

Question Love Gatekeeper, but...

I am attempting to use the "Gatekeeper" password protection device linked from javascript.com. I have two questions, however:

1) I note that whenever I come back to the page, I have dropdown menus that show the last "passwords" I've entered. I realize I can prevent this by changing my browser settings, but can I stop this from happening at the server level so that NO users will get this on their browsers?

2) If I type the password and press "enter" rather than clicking on the "Submit Password" button, the password disappears. Clicking the "Submit Password" button afterwards leads to a blank page. I note that this does not happen in the Gatekeeper demo (the password stays in the form after pressing "enter" and clicking the button is then required). How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Very Respectfully,
    Jason

If when you type the password, it appears in plain text, you can fix that by putting inside the text attribute type="password" instead of type="text". That will change the password they enter to the usual ******* things. It also will not be saved.

Thread Information