dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Like Coolpage But Better

Like Coolpage But Better

I need a reply really fast because i am using coolpage but i was toll that its not really that good so can someone tell me where to get another website maker program thats like coolpage but for free without limitions but also easyer to use then NetObject fusion

What is Coolpage? Maybe you could provide a link...

http://www.coolpage.com its a website maker program for free but after 30 days a pop-up pops up on your website and says to buy Coolpage which is really annoying
    Last edited by Kaisa; 01-07-2003 at 08:04 PM.

Sorry, I can't really help you. I either us Dreamweaver, or hard code my sites. If you can get you hands on an old version of NN (vr. 4) it comes with a program called Composer, which might help you out...

Then do you know how to adjust where the images and text go like on my website that was made with coolpage at http://www.freewebs.com/dreamerworlds and if that doesn't work try http://www.freewebz.com/dreamerworlds ?????

...huh?? I don't think I'm understanding what you mean. Sorry...

If you are a newbie, and you are, learn how to type in your own code yourself instead of using a program to just drag and drop info for you. If you did this you probably won't be asking us this question. Also learn what a Doctype is and how to validate a page. Check out your site in different resolutions. I use 1400X1280 and your page is a shade bigger than that. Most people use 800X600. That means a lot of scrolling to just see all of your page.

Well to tell you the truth its best view in 1100X1100 in 24Bits of color but i say its best recommend in 800X600 in 24Bits of colors since most people do use that but i could make in 800X600 where its only can be viewed in 800X600 but that would be too small for my site !!!

Well you hit upon one of my newbie web page makers pet peeves. You make a site that looks good for you and you don't take into account somebody not being able to reproduce what you can even when their choices are the most common. You even admit to deceiveing the user by saying it looks best in one resolution when it doesn't. Even if I wanted to use your site, I wouldn't hang around long. By the way, neither 1100X100 resolution, or 24-Bit color are options for me.

well i was talking to my one friend and he agreed that it would be better in 800X600 so what i am going to do is try to make it 800X600 with 24 bits of color and use the html script for background image for the page so it will look nice without having to put all that code in so you can one image for the background etc. but of course i will not be stupid i will make a backup of the image so it will have the menu and everything but the background part will be white so i can add a image where that white part is with Paint Shop Pro but theres one more thing i forgot how to do the script in html for a background image i think its <body Background Image=""> but i might be wrong and another thing i did have a site that only used tables and was really sweet but i had to go and let people from go.to/rm2k make me thing it suck but really didn't when i deleted it and i will have scripts like doctype later on but only after i get my site done and i know this is pointless to ask but who keeps trying to make a unsolicited connection to my computer i mean i just got that from this user IP address "67.243.224.182" and i also was using NeoWatch but at even one time someone keep trying to connect to port 5475 on my computer !
    Last edited by Kaisa; 01-09-2003 at 04:52 PM.

It's <body background="yourimg.gif">

Just an opinion, but there is no reason that page should be that big.

The page should be 800 x 600 for the wider market of people trying to view your site. Also I agree with other posts here in saying that you are better off hard coding, r just use something like dreamweaver or frontpage to help yo along your way!

i'm gonna agree with what people have said on here, and also request that when posting if you could take the time to put in a little bit of punctuation it would make things much easier for the rest of us - i gave up reading that paragraph because i got tired by it...

On the subject of your page though, you've got to get away from thinking that making a web page is like drawing a picture on a piece of paper - everyone has differnet resolutions, different colour depths, different browsers etc. It's a huge mistake to think "it looks okay on mine, therefore it's great". You must at least try it in different resolutions on your computer to see how it looks, and you'll see pretty quick that it doesnt work well at 1024x768.

However, and i dont need to be mean by saying this, your site even when viewed at the "optimal" resolution is nothing special - there's nothing there (really) that cant be achieved by normal methods (certainly nothing that you should want to achieve anyway). It seems a bit odd to have probably the largest website I've ever seen, and then to have nothing in it - the "links" arent even links!

I'd suggest you head over to the W3C place that so many people link to, and probably get your self a book on how to code in HTML. That's the great thing about HTML is that you ask in your first post for a web page maker for free, and i think people will agree with me when i say that the most powerful HTML maker without question, is notepad.

also, standard resolutions (for normal sized monitors) are in the ratio 4:3 - if you had a resolution of 1100x1100 then you would have a square screen, which isnt very common at all (possibly doesnt exist?) - so if that's what it looks best at, then you're off to a really bad start.

Well if i put all the stuff thats on my site right now into one picture it would be 1100X1100 and thats why i say its really best at 1100X1100 without scrolling or 800X600 with scrolling

Thread Information